Tuesday, February 1, 2011

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” ~Frederick Keonig

Day 6: A Picture of Something that Makes you Happy


They want me to put up "A" picture of something that makes me happy? Just one? Most of my pictures make me happy ... in fact when I have bad days sometimes all I have to do is put on a slideshow of my pictures and I perk right up. But they want me to pick just one ... hmmm ... I've always liked being in charge of myself so I say to hell with the one picture thing and I'm going to show you all the things that make me happy.


The fact that all these wonderful people showed up to my graduation ... what makes it even better is that half of them couldn't even go to the ceremony, but they came anyways and stayed to tell me congratulations. I have the best people in my life.


The BSC (yeah in case you didn't realize that's the formation we're in here) These are the women I fell for the instant I stepped onto campus and the ones who saved my life every day of the four years I spent there. They say you go to college to find your true friends ... I got that and I'm so blessed to know these women.


My mom took the time to make all these shirts with my face on them just to show me how much people love and support me. :) this was the ultimate graduation surprise.


My babies. My Gunner Man (horse) and My Dalton Monster (puppy) While they are a lot of work, I couldn't imagine not having them in my life.


The Team Sanassa Three Way Hug. Friends who stick by you through four years of college, putting you in a long distance relationship, are the only kinds of friends worth having.


What I get to come home to <3


I could include so many more things in the "what makes me happy category" since things like snow and coffee and singing in the car and purple and my king-sized bed make me happy, but I'll stop at the major uppers I've already included.
I'm so glad that day 6 was things that make me happy, because I needed this today. I needed to be reminded that not only do I have so many things that make me happy, but that I am constantly surrounded by these things. I am blessed to have these people and this happiness in my life and I am thankful to have this reminder today.

No comments:

Post a Comment