Monday, February 21, 2011

“Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.”

Day 18: Something you regret


So, I suck at blogging on the weekends, but everyone has priorities and my family and friends take precedence over the blog. I've been having a hard time with the blog lately and I'm not sure if it's because I'm a sucky writer, or I just don't like the prompts, or because when I answer these prompts I have to dig way deeper into myself than I really want to. But, in the spirit of finishing the challenge I set out to do here we go with Day 18.


What everyone wants to hear is that I regret nothing, right? People like to pretend that regret doesn't exist and that everyone is ultimately happy with the decisions made. Let's be real. In keeping with the honesty I've been bestowing on you ... of course I have regrets and of course I hide them because talking about them makes people feel bad.  I try on a daily basis to put them behind me because I don't want them to hinder my current life, but the decisions are always there and always something I have to deal with. 


I just can't put them out in cyber space. There's a song that says, "you're the one that you gotta live with" ... I made my choices and whether I regret them or not, I have to live with them. This is me living with them and I'll be honest with you (the "you" that I'm not sure are really out there but if you are I'm trying for you) I have regrets, some days big ones that come out to haunt me, but I'm trying to deal with them. Hopefully, this blog is helping ... but one can never be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment