Thursday, February 3, 2011

Whew ... day from hell ... and you?

Maybe you don't like your job, maybe you didn't get enough sleep, well nobody likes their job, nobody got enough sleep. Maybe you just had the worst day of your life, but you know, there's no escape, there's no excuse, so just suck up and be nice.” ~ Ani Difranco


Day 8: A place you traveled to


Today I feel like the above quote even though I love the idea of my job, I got plenty of sleep, and I suppose it wasn't the worse day of my life. When I say I love the idea of my job I mean that subbing most often sucks, but I know it will eventually lead to teaching and I long to teach. Teaching is my passion and so I will really do whatever it takes to get there. I went to bed early last night to take care of the sleep and I've had family pass away which didn't happen today, so not the worst day ever. But today ... wow ... sucky. I read this quote and I thought ok, she's right I have to suck it up, move one, and be nice (which I most certainly was not being). Then I sat down to blog and realized today's was travel and I got more irritated because by most people's standards I haven't been anywhere. I've never been out of the country and I haven't really been to a lot of places outside Ohio. But taking this quote in stride I realized this is ok. Someday when I get the real job I'm striving for and the real life that comes with it ... then yeah I'll travel. I'll go lots of places and have lots of experience. Until then (and to make my day happier as only old pictures can do) I will relive the times I have left good old Ohio. Most of these experiences are due to my best friend Breezy who moved away to school and thereby made me a traveler (at least to the south) :) enjoy.


My Breezy Lee ... this is in Tampa after a night out on the Tampa town with sister Rayne and the box car ... one of my best college freshmen memories


Me, the Breezy, and Goat Goat on the gator on the farm in Atlanta ... not my first time in Atlanta but the other time dealt with hospitals and that was about all I saw ... this time I got shown Atlanta in all of its beauty with the horses :)


Back in Atlanta for Sister Rayne's wedding. Nicoda Joe, Me, and Breezy Lee ... this was one hell of a trip :) wedding's always are ... right Breeze?


And my final trip with my best ... Las Vegas :) Yep they let us loose in Vegas and you can guess what happened next :)


So, I'll be happy with all the experience I have gotten and one day when I get the others I'll be thankful for those too. Have a good one guys and remember even if you aren't just suck it up and be nice :)


oh and p.s. I'll be absent for a few days ... I'm finally getting my weekend away :) try and not miss me too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment