Tuesday, February 15, 2011

“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.” ~Sophocles

Day 14: A Picture that you Love


I will play by the rules today and only use "a" picture that I love ... but I won't pretend that this decision was easy!
This picture is of my Grandma and Grandpa on the day they got married. My Grandma and Grandpa were a "his, hers, and ours" family.  In the picture with them are my Aunt Debbie, Aunt Beth, and my mom is the baby at the bottom. I love this picture because it symbolizes to me what love really is.  My Grandma and Grandpa took a chance on each other even when love and family and marriage didn't work out for them the first time.  Even though they had 9 kids in between the two of them (and eventually they would have my Aunt Dee Dee to make it an even 10) and not a lot of money, they were in love. They took the chance on each other and married despite all the reasons people told them not to. Not only did they take that leap of faith, but they fought to make it work even when things weren't easy. My Grandpa passed away almost two years ago and at that time him and my Grandma had been married 46 years. They are my model for true love and what it means to love someone even when it's hard and the glitz and glamor of being in love fades away. They taught me to love and to love fiercely ... I will always be thankful to them for that most important life lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment