Wednesday, March 9, 2011

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

Day 29: 3 wishes 


How freaking awesome would it be to have a genie? To find a lamp and out pops this entity that is going to grant you three wishes, that would probably be the greatest thing ever. Of course when I picture my genie it is not miss I Dream of Jeanie it is Mister Blue Genie from Aladdin :) Who doesn't love Aladdin? Who didn't totally want a white tiger and a monkey and a genie after watching that movie? It's like every little kids dream!


Anyways, so Mister Blue Aladdin Genie shows up and I get three wishes ... awesome ... here's what I would wish for


1. For my family's and my debt to be completely erased. I would not wish for us to have unlimited funds or to just win a bunch of money, I just want us all to be able to begin with a clean slate. No school loans, no hospital bills, no emergency water or heating bills, no house payments ... can you picture it? I can and we're definitely a more relaxed bunch, to say the least. And when I say family I mean my whole extended lot ... I want to be happy and I want my family to be happy and all too often are days start and end with the worries of money, as do many other families I'm sure, and it makes for a stressful day.


2. Ok, selfish alert! But really if you have three wishes will you really not use at least one of them just on you? I would wish for a teaching job at one of the schools I dream of teaching at one day. I don't need a pile of money handed to me or a life of luxury ... I would get bored. I want to work and I'm desperate to teach ... so if Mister Blue Aladdin Genie can just get me in the door, I'll do the rest. :)


3. To end world hunger and poverty. Now, I know this seems like two and therefore it would be cheating, but if you think about it they are one in the same thing. You always have hunger if there is poverty and vice versa. If my family gets to start off with a clean slate, then the world should have the same chance. It kills me to know people go to bed and wake up hungry and if I was famous this is what I would be trying to fix. Let's just take all the money we spend on war and nuclear weapons and politics and feed the people, and then give them the ability to feed themselves.


Hey ... who realized I'm almost done with this challenge? Thank goodness ... this has been rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment