Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living" ~Dr. Seuss

Day 24: Something You've Learned


Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!!!!
“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.” ~Dr. Suess


I have learned that everything serious I ever needed to learn about life I learned in Grade School through Dr. Seuss. He taught me how to count, how to rhyme, how to be silly, the real meaning of Christmas, not to judge others on their appearance, that people that may seem different are really just like me on the inside, and many many other lessons. His words of wisdom he left behind are still teaching me things today ... but mostly that I need to look at life for what it is and still be able to smile. 


And often to be able to do this reading Green Eggs and Ham is recommended :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment