Monday, February 28, 2011

“Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days.”

Day 22: Your Favorite City 


I'm not much of a city girl. I'm country born and raised ... mind you this doesn't mean I like country music, or tractors, or farming, or boots, or anything else hillbilly ... but I do like small town Saturday nights, close friends I had the advantage of growing up with, my horse, having a backyard, going barefoot in the summer, and living within walking distance of my family. I haven't been a lot of places, but one city that I've known and loved is Columbus. Columbus holds a lot of firsts and memories for me and because of that it will always be my favorite city. Here I am standing in front of the arena to show horses at State Fair in Columbus. I got to show three times at State Fair :) one of the best experiences of my life.
This is in the fall of my freshmen year at Otterbein College ... one of my first experiences of being in Columbus   all by myself  :)
Columbus will always hold the best memories for me because of the four years I spent there in college. When life gets difficult I revisit those memories and remember that Columbus is only two hours away and I can actually visit the City I love and the people I love anytime I want. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment